Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Happy Birthday to my Mom!

Today is my mom's birthday, and what a greater birthday gift than President-Elect Barack Obama! My mom is such an inspiration to me. She's a full-time obstetrics nurse (ie. helps catch the babies), full-time Master's in Nursing Education student (she teaches future nurses), and a fantastic mom, wife, sister, and daughter. I don't know how she does it all, but I'm pretty sure that after she finishes her Master's degree, she'll pursue a Ph.D.

Everyday, I see where I get my charms and quirks, like my need to match. She was talking about her need to match her scrub tops and scrub pants, and I was like, "Oh that's where I get it from." I have a need to match my earrings to my outfit - I don't care much about shoes or purses - but earrings are a must!

Love you Mom, happy birthday!

Mom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww this is so sweet. Happy birthday to your mom she is beautiful. I have a special place for OB nurses. My son was delivered by my nurse because my doctor didnt make in time! :) Hope it was a wonderful birthday for her.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more! She's one in a million. :)