Friday, August 8, 2008

A most auspicious day!

I've always been the type of person who is into seeing "signs". I don't mean aliens or anything M. Night Shyamalan style, but in that things happen for a reason. I feel like nothing happens "accidentally", but has been laid out by a force larger than us -- whether that may be God or other spiritual entity you may believe in -- and we are faced with a choice of taking up the challenge or letting it go. Our lives are determined by the steps that we choose to take or to walk away from.

Today being 8-8-2008, I've decided to launch my blog to document my journey as a photographer. I will still have my personal blog, but I wanted to keep a space dedicated to my endeavors. As mentioned on the Flickr blog, today is "a most auspicious day!", and they are celebrating 24 hours of Flickr today, so log in and post your photo from today!

I'm so excited and have been blessed with signs that have been pointing me in the right direction. I've felt the yearning to pursue photography since even before I was entrenched in wedding planning and having met with our photographer. His energy and vibe, as well as his talent in capturing a moment, served to reinforce my motivation to pursue what drives me.

I stumbled upon Jasmine Star's first blog, and her candid honesty and openness to share her fears, struggles, and doubts, has been an incredible inspiration to me. Her amazing success since launching her business in 2006 has been an overwhelming source of motivation as well. I even emailed her to ask a couple of questions and she replied back! I get a little starstruck when personalities from the industry acknowledge my emails.

Finally, I think this will be a fantastic start to an incredible journey when I attend the Freedom to Succeed Tour hosted by the talented David Jay and the aforementioned awesome Jasmine Star! Reading their reports about each stop has been so fun and gets me that much more excited about the next stop. And the next one being in San Francisco! At first I had hesitated to sign up. But then I thought, why not? It would be my hesitation that would prevent from moving forward; I want to move forward and pursue this.

No comments: